What office doesn’t need a waffle maker?
We’re not sure because Proscenium certainly does.
As Waffle Wednesdays have debuted at Proscenium, here is a great recipe to get you started:
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk or buttermilk (or a combination)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Butter and pure maple syrup, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Add the milk, vegetable oil, egg, sugar and vanilla and mix well. Let the batter sit for 30 minutes.
- Heat a waffle iron. Follow the directions on your waffle iron to cook the waffles. Serve immediately with butter and pure maple syrup or hold in a 200 degree oven, directly on the rack (don’t stack them or they’ll get soggy). These also reheat very well in the toaster.