Proscenium is seeking to hire a SENIOR/INTERMEDIATE INTERIOR DESIGNER
WHO WE ARE
Proscenium Architecture + Interiors is a forward-thinking, mid-sized Architecture and Interior Design firm working in an integrated design team (IDT) environment. We started in 1996 as a firm specializing in arts & cultural design and expanded our scope over time to include residential, commercial, institutional and public projects of various scales. In all our projects, we value Process-driven design, Sustainability and Community. We work with industry-leading consultants to deliver award-winning projects recognized for their design and innovative strategies.
Proscenium is proud to have our offices located on the bright, spacious third-floor of the high-performance, mass timber MEC Vancouver building (which has many sustainable features including rainwater harvesting and re-use). Our Company Culture is important to us. We have good coffee, team bonding events, a stretch club, and some other great perks, like taking your birthday off if you bring in treats!
Proscenium is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working towards a fair, unbiased workplace.
Proscenium is looking for a Senior/Intermediate Interior Designer with 5–7+ years of interior design or architectural office experience. The ideal individual is confident to take on multiple projects and works well both independently and as part of a team. Experience in decision-making, team coordination, and leadership for junior team members will be a selling point.
- Interior Design Degree/Diploma (from an accredited school)
- AutoCAD and Revit
- Microsoft Office
- 5–7+ years Multifamily + Commercial experience:
- Design Development;
- Permit + working drawings;
- Finish and material specifications;
- FF & E selection and specification packages;
- Consultant Co-ordination and liaison experience with clients;
- Contract Administration;
- Knowledge of current BCBC and VBBL.
- NCIDQ Status (or in process of completion)
- LEED, WELL
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Extended benefits
- NCIDQ and IDIBC dues for Professional Members
- Education fund for career development
- Friendly and supportive team
- Project status staff meetings with snacks
- Office is located close to Main St and Olympic Village Sky train stations. We’ll even cover half your compass card!
- Semi-annual team building events
If you possess these skills and experience level and think you are a great fit for our growing team, please send your cover letter, resume with current references and contact information as well as a sample portfolio highlighting relevant experience.
Applications are to be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest but please note that we will only be in contact with those that are selected for an interview.